When it’s a little colder out, to get myself to eat salads, I have to top them with savory, warm toppings. These buffalo tofu bites hit the spot. Crispy, savory, warm and delicious, they’re sure to vamp up any salads that come their way.
To make the dressing healthier, substitute the vegan mayo for plain vegan yogurt. It’s just as creamy and delicious and way less refined fat.
Try these recipes next
Buffalo Tofu Salad Bites
- 1 package super firm tofu – pressed and frozen – if you want a chewy texture
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp each onion and garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic and onion powder
- 3 tbsp unsweetened plant milk or water
- 1 tsp dried dill and parsley
To make buffalo bites:
- Make sure your tofu is pressed and for extra chewy flavor, freeze tofu over night (this is optional). Make sure you thaw it before you make recipe
- Unthaw tofu and cut into cubes
- Mix flour, spices and plant milk together until you make a pancake batter consistency.
- Dip tofu into batter, then dip into breadcrumbs
- put on well oiled baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- After 30 minutes, take out of oven and put into a bowl. Add buffalo sauce.
- Put back in oven for 10-15 minutes
To make Ranch:
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Cut up lettuce and top with your favorite salad ingredients.
- Top with buffalo bites and homemade rance
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.