Easy vegan buffalo wings
Crispy and delicious baked cauliflower buffalo wings. Perfect appetizer for your next party or get together. Goes well with a vegan ranch dressing, celery and carrots.
This is another recipe that goes to show that anything you craved before going vegan, you can easily make a vegan version of.
You never have to miss out on your favorite foods as a vegan!
These cauliflower buffalo wings are:
- Easy to make
Tips for making baked buffalo cauliflower
- Make sure you don’t cut your florets into too small of pieces. The smaller the floret, the more mushy it will be.
- An easy way to cut the cauliflower is to cut it in half and then cut away the stem from the florets, then, with your hands, just break apart each floret.
- You can use water or unsweetened oat or coconut milk as your liquid for your batter. I really don’t like using soy milk in savory dishes. It always leaves a weird after taste.
If you want to make a healthier version of this, just omit the vegan butter in the hot sauce, although it does add a nice flavor to these wings.
- Serve these vegan wings with vegan cashew ranch dressing, lettuce and celery.
- You can also turn them into buffalo cauliflower tacos
- These cauliflower buffalo wings last about a week in the fridge, so make sure to eat them up!
- These vegan wings also taste great topped on a salad.
Delicious recipes to try next
Buffalo cauliflower wings
- 1 head of cauliflower – cut into bite-sized florets.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup water or unsweetened oat milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter optional
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional
- 1-2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Make sure they’re small enough to fit on a taco, but not too small. The smaller the floret, the more soggy it will be when baked.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 tsp each of garlic powder and onion powder, ½ tsp salt and smoked paprika.
- Pour in 1 cup of water or unsweetened oat milk and stir until batter is smooth
- Dump cauliflower florets into batter and mix until each piece is well coated
- Take tongs and remove each piece of cauliflower from batter bowl, trying to knock off any excess batter.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl with 1-2 cups of panko bread crumbs. Cover each piece evenly
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until florets start to turn slightly golden brown.
- Mix 1 cup of buffalo wing sauce, ¼ cup of vegan butter (optional) and 1 TBL of maple syrup (optional) in a large bowl.
- Once cauliflower has baked, take it out of the oven and dump it into the sauce bowl, evenly coating each piece.
- Place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes to crisp cauliflower back up.
- Serve on a taco shell with thinly sliced celery, carrots and lettuce. Top with vegan ranch sauce.
- Serve with creamy vegan ranch dressing, celery and carrot sticks.
Loved the recipes? Pin it for later by clicking on the image below