Dairy free creamy alfredo pasta
Creamy vegan fettuccini alfredo with crispy, crunchy vegan chicken. Decadent and delicious. Ultimate vegan comfort food.
Anything you can do, I can do vegan! This recipe for creamy vegan fettuccini alfredo definitely proves that point.
This vegan alfredo is a perfect dish to impress your friends at a dinner party. Just double the recipe if you have more than 3-4 people.
It’s also great for a romantic night in. Make a big side salad and you’ve got a delicious meal.
To make this pasta even better, we top this dish off with my favorite vegan chicken tenders.
If you’re allergic to cashews, just sub them out for raw sunflower seeds. Easy peasy!
To make this gluten free, just make it without the chicken tenders and use gluten free pasta.
If you’d like to make this a little healthier and add some more nutrients, throw in some peas or chopped kale. I love adding greens to creamy pasta dishes.
The longer you heat the alfredo sauce, the more it thickens up. If you’re wanting to heat this up the next day for leftovers, just add a splash or two of water and add a little salt.
More vegan recipes to try:
- 6 Gardein crispy tenders or your favorite vegan chicken alternative
- 8 oz fettuccini pasta (- half of a 1lb package)
- ½ cup raw cashews (- soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- ½ block of medium firm or silken tofu
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- Bake your Gardein 7 grain tenders according to package and set aside. You can bake these while you’re getting everything else ready.
- Soak your cashews for 10 minutes in boiled water then drain
- Boil your pasta water and cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and add some olive oil on it so it doesn’t stick.
- While your pasta is cooking, add cashews, tofu, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, garlic powder (not the clove), onion powder, lemon juice and water to a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth – at least 2 minutes
- In a large enough pan to hold the pasta, heat vegan butter on medium heat
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute
- Turn heat to low
- Add the cheese sauce from the blender to the pan with the garlic and butter
- Heat on low for one minute, gently stirring the sauce until it thickens
- Add the fettuccini to the cheese sauce pan.
- If sauce gets too thick, add a little water.
- If sauce is too thin, keep it on low heat until it thickens – but be warned, the cashews will make this thicken quite a bit on heat.
- Top with the Gardein chicken tenders, or chop them up and fold them in with the pasta if you’d like them a little coated.
- To re-heat this the next day, add some water to thin out the sauce as it will be thick.
Loved the recipe? Pin the image below