Quick and easy vegan side dish
So fresh and satisfying, full of ripe cherry tomatoes, aromatic balsamic vinegar and fresh basil, red onions, olives and broccoli. This vegan pasta salad is fantastic for a hot summer night or easy to take on a picnic.
Inspired by the pot of basil sitting pretty on my windowsill, I whipped up this delicious and fresh summertime pasta salad the other day.
‘What goes well with basil?”, I thought.
Cherry tomatoes, of course…..and pasta!
And as organically as that, this recipe came to be. I love creating meals that are inspired by a specific ingredient.
And what is more inspiring than basil? It’s so fragrant and welcoming. It lends itself well to so many dishes.
My kitchen is my sanctuary.
I have the perfect windowsill for small pots of fresh herbs. It sits right above my kitchen sink and is full of sunshine and just the right amount of breeze.
Tips for making this pasta salad
- As you make this pasta salad, let your kitchen inspire you. This recipe is a great foundation for whatever you have in your fridge. I also happened to have broccoli on hand, so I chopped it up finely, and added it in.
- I love adding as much green to my meals as I can. Feel free to add any sort of fresh vegetable that you’d like to this summertime pasta salad.
- This recipe tastes really good the next day as well, after it’s had time to sit and marinate in the fridge.
Let me know in the comments below what your sanctuary is and what inspires you!
As always, share this with a friend who would enjoy and easy, fresh and delicious pasta salad!
Other summertime salads to try:
- Grilled veggie pasta salad
- Easy vegan taco salad
- Super simple vegan potato salad
- Fresh corn salad
- Southwest quinoa salad
Summertime vegan balsamic pasta salad
- 3 cups dry pasta shells
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt or salt to taste
- ¼ tsp of sugar
- black pepper – to taste
- handful of cherry tomatoes – quartered
- handful of kalamata olives – quartered
- ¼ of a small red onion – sliced thin
- handful of fresh basil – roughly chopped
- 1 cup broccoli (chop small so the pieces mix in with everything else well. Can also use kale)
- pine nuts – optional
- Cook your pasta according to directions on box.
- Drain and rinse pasta with cool water
- In a bowl, 1 tbsp oil, 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar, ½ tsp salt (add more if it’s bland), ¼ tsp sugar, pepper to taste and stir
- Add in the cooked and cooled pasta, onions, basil, tomatoes, broccoli and olives.
- Gently mix
- Top with toasted pine nuts
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
LOVED THIS RECIPE? CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD.