No mushroom vegan gravy
How to make easy vegan brown gravy. Pour this over your mashed potatoes or holiday meal. All in one pan and only 6 ingredients.
Looking for a simple vegan gravy recipe for the holidays? You won’t find an easier recipe than this one.
No need to chop onions, or saute garlic or mushrooms, just throw everything in a sauce pan and enjoy!
Use this savory plant based gravy on Thanksgiving, the holidays or a cozy Sunday dinner.
I even love putting it over a vegan poutine.
There’s no need to miss out on rich and delicious foods as a vegan, especially during the holidays!
This gravy is
- Simple and easy to make
- Dairy free
- Savory and delicious
- I prefer using either Better Than Bouillon’s no-chicken vegan bouillon paste OR Edward & Son’s un-chicken vegan bouillon cube.
- If you don’t have that on hand, just use a good vegetable broth instead.
- Add everything to a sauce pan first and stir for a few seconds. Don’t turn the heat on yet.
- Once everything is lightly mixed in the pan and the cornstarch has dissolved, bring it to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer until it thickens.
- Make sure to stir the whole time.
- If you’d like to make the gravy more rich, you can always add a tablespoon or two of vegan butter.
- The gravy can keep in your fridge for about a week. When you go to heat it up again, add a splash of water if it’s too gelatinous.
More vegan holiday recipes:
- Stuffed butternut squash
- Easy vegan pumpkin pie
- Dairy free green bean casserole
- Instant pot mashed potatoes
- Creamy mashed potatoes without milk
Easy vegan brown gravy
- 2 cups water
- 1 vegan no-chicken bouillon cube (Edward & Son's is my favorite or use 2 tsp of Better than bouillon no-chicken vegan bouillon paste.)
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (optional)
- add everything to a sauce pan, but don’t turn the heat on yet
- Stir until the corn starch is slightly mixed (it won’t completely mix until it heats up)
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil, stir the whole time.
- Immediately turn down to a simmer and keep stirring until the gravy thickens. This should take about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve over vegan mashed potatoes or poutine.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Loved the recipe? Pin it for later