Delicious, easy fudgy vegan sweet potato brownie recipe.
Vegan sweet potato brownies. Moist, dense, chocolaty and tasty. Easy to make. Best damn brownie ever. Delicious vegan dessert.
My favorite types of mornings include brewing a strong cup of coffee (or an herbal coffee alternative like RASA if I’m trying to cut back) drinking it with something healthy-ish and sweet and sitting in the sunshine writing in my journal.
Bonus points if my cat sits next to me.
These delicious, fudgy sweet potato brownies hit the spot. They pair perfectly with your morning brew.
I loved recipe testing these brownies because even my failed attempts were delicious. It was nice to have this sweet treat every morning while testing these out.
Definitely pair them with some sort of drink (soymilk of coffee) because they are very dense. If you like your brownies nice and thick and fudgy, this recipe is for you.
Adding sweet potatoes to these brownies ups the nutrient content. It’s a great way to sneak in vegetables with picky eaters.
It also makes you have to use less oil since the sweet potatoes make these brownies nice and moist.
If you’d like some more tips on vegan baking, check out my vegan egg substitute guide for baking.
Share this recipe with someone who enjoys dense fudgy brownies as much as you do.
More recipes to try
- Vegan black bean brownies
- Eggless chocolate mousse
- Peanut butter bliss balls
- Vegan rice crispy treats
- Vegan oatmeal cookies
Try these recipes next
Fudgy Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies
- ½ cup vegan butter (my favorite is Miyoko’s linked below)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup steamed and mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup soymilk
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel & roughly cube your medium sweet potato. Steam sweet potato until fork tender (8-10 minutes). Mash sweet potato with a fork when done
- While steaming sweet potato, put heat on low and melt vegan butter, peanut butter and ¼ cup of chocolate chips in a saucepan. Stir constantly.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sweet potato, melted saucepan ingredients, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, soymilk.
- Onced mixed well, fold in ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Oil or line a 8×8″ pan
- Put brownie mix in pan and bake for 22-25 minutes,
- It will firm up a bit once it cools.
- Store in fridge in sealed tupperware for best, fudgy results
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.