Grilled vegetable pasta salad with vegan vinaigrette
Fantastic vegan summer pasta salad to take to a party and share with a friend. Grilled vegetables and pasta come together in an easy, homemade vegan Italian dressing. Tastes even better when it’s sat in the fridge for a day.
When the weather starts getting a little hotter, there’s nothing like a delicious grilled veggie pasta salad for dinner. It’s a great way to use up all those veggies that your garden is growing.
This is one of my favorite dishes to make on a hot, muggy summer night. It whips together so easily and won’t make you feel heavy and gross.
This pasta salad is also great to take to a party or bbq. It feeds a crowd really well.
- I love using the spiral or bow tie pasta for this but use whatever is your favorite
- Make sure not to over cook the pasta.
- Once pasta is cooked, rinse immediately with cool water so that the pasta doesn’t continue to cook and become gummy
- If you want an even easier way to make this, use a store bought Italian dressing instead of making it yourself. Just check the ingredients that it doesn’t have cheese in it.
- If you can get your hands on some Violife vegan parmesan, or feta, do so! It tastes so good in this pasta salad
- Choose whatever veggies are you favorite to grill. I used bell peppers, zucchini and onions, but the sky’s the limit.
- Season your grilled veggies with some steak seasoning, or just good ol’ plain salt. Whatever you do, don’t leave them bland and unseasoned. Also make sure to brush them with a little olive oil
- If you don’t feel like grilling the vegetables, it works to sauté them as well. They taste amazing if you use a cast iron skillet.
- Top this with some fresh basil if you have it. It tastes amazing.
- This grilled veggie pasta salad tastes even better when it’s had a chance to sit in the fridge for a day. Make this the day before a party or bbq to really let the flavors sink in.
How long will this pasta salad last?
This will last about a week in the fridge, if you don’t eat it all before then
Check out these other summertime vegan recipes next:
- Creamy orzo with roasted vegetables
- Kale salad with baked sweet potato and marinated tofu
- Applebee’s vegan chicken oriental salad copycat recipe
- Southwest quinoa salad
- Tomato, cucumber avocado salad
- Easy BBQ tofu
Easy vegan pasta salad
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar can also use red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1.5 tsp salt or salt to taste
- ¼ cup finely grated Violife vegan parmesan optional but it tastes really good if you can find this
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lb bag of pasta – cooked al dente
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1-2 bell peppers
- ½ red onion
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup jarred artichoke hearts
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Handful of baby arugula optional
- 16 oz can of cannellini or great northern beans – drained and rinsed
- Violife vegan feta cheese optional but tastes really good in this
- Top with fresh basil and grated vegan parmesan cheese at the end
- Grill or sauté the zucchini, peppers and onions. Tastes really good to season with salt or a steak seasoning. Brush with a little olive oil if grilling.
- Cook your pasta, drain and rinse with cool water
- Chop up your olives, artichoke hearts and tomatoes.
- Drain and rinse your white beans
- Add all of your pasta salad ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a jar. Shake well, and pour over the pasta salad
- Top with some fresh basil and vegan parmesan cheese