Quick and easy vegan soup recipe
Whip this up in about 15 minutes. Perfect, easy, one pot weeknight dinner recipe. Comforting and quick vegan and vegetarian chicken noodle soup.
Need a quick weeknight dinner recipe? Well, here you go! Have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes.
Not only is this vegan chicken noodle soup recipe quick and easy, it’s comforting and delicious as fuck! And it’s a one pan meal, so you don’t have to clean a bunch of shit up.
I am an instant pot fiend now. I can’t believe how quickly they cook up veggie based recipes. Another perk of being vegan! It takes a lot less time to cook veggies and beans than it does animal flesh.
Tips for making this recipe
Choose a delicious vegan chicken. I used Gardein chicken strips, but feel free to use whatever you can find. You can usually find vegan chicken in the freezer isle of your grocery store.
Sometimes its in the vegetable section, the frozen meals section, sometimes they have a vegetarian section as well, and sometimes I find them next to the frozen meats. It all depends on your grocery store.
Make sure you heat up the oil before adding in the vegan chicken to the instant pot.
Sauté the vegan chicken for 3-4 minutes until it’s lightly browned. Make sure to add a tsp of soy sauce to this as well. It will infuse a savory depth of flavor into the chicken.
Soy sauce is my secret ingredient for making vegan soups and veggie based dishes taste more savory.
Next, caramelize the onions. This is really important! This will add a bunch of flavor to the base of this soup
Add the diced veggies next and add another tsp of soy sauce. Sauté the veggies until you start to see some caramelization at the bottom of the instant pot.
I love using linguine noodles in this vegan chicken noodle soup. They’re not a thick and hard to eat with a spoon as fettuccini. Make sure to break the noodles up into thirds to make them easier to eat.
Once you get everything in the instant pot, you only need to cook this on high pressure for 3 minutes. YES, three minutes!
Quick release that bad boy and you’ve got dinner on the table in less that 20 minutes.
More delicious vegan recipes to try next
15 minute instant pot vegan chicken noodle soup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 8 vegan chicken strips I used Gardein, but use whatever vegan chicken you can find
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic – minced
- 2 celery stalks – diced
- 2 carrots – diced
- 1 medium potato – peeled and diced
- 6 cups of water
- 2 tsp veggie bouillon paste or 1 veggie bouillon cube
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried sage
- Small handful about ¼ of a 1lb box of linguine noodles – break the noodles into thirds so they’re smaller
- Prepare all your veggies, dice your onions, carrots, potato and mince your garlic
- Set Instant pot to sauté for 8 minutes
- Pour 1 TBL oil into instant pot and wait for the oil to heat up
- Add your vegan chicken strips and 1 tsp of soy sauce and stir
- Sauté the chicken strips for 3 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cut up the chicken strips into bite-sized pieces, in the instant pot, with the end of your stirring spoon.
- Add the diced onions and sauté until onions are lightly caramelized (another 3 minutes
- Add the rest of your diced veggies: carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Add 1 tsp of soy sauce and sauté for three more minutes
- Add 6 cups of water
- Add 2 tsp of veggie bouillon paste (or veggie bouillon cube) ½ tsp of salt, 1 tsp of dried parsley, 1 tsp dried thyme and ½ tsp ground sage. Stir well
- Grab a small handful of linguine noodles and break them into thirds, so that the noodles are smaller. Add them to the pot and stir
- Once sauté mode is done, add the lid and set the pressure nob to seal
- Pressure cook on high for three minutes
- Quick release after the three minutes are up
- Add more salt or pepper if needed and ENJOY!
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later