Easy and healthy vegan snack idea (kid friendly)
Dairy free and vegan. Easy chocolate no bake peanut butter date energy balls. Can also be made into bars. Meal prep for a busy week to always have a healthy snack on hand. Kid friendly vegan recipe
I love snacks. I especially love snacks that are healthy and portable. I especially especially love snacks with coffee.
These easy chocolate peanut butter bars are all of the above and more. You can even roll them into balls for a different twist.
Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven. If you’re craving peanut butter cups, but would like a healthier version, this recipe hits the spot.
These chocolate peanut butter bars are sweetened with dates. Dates are amazing because they’re chock full of fiber, so it doesn’t cause a big sugar spike in your blood stream.
Processed white sugar is stripped of all its nutrients. Dates are full of sweetness, but also contain the whole, intact fruit and its nutrients. Dates are full of potassium, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
These bars are great to make at the beginning of a busy week. Just make sure to store them in your fridge. Then you will always have a delicious snack on hand for when you head out the door.
If you’d like an amazing treat at the end of the day, pop these bars into the oven for 10 minutes, or until they’re warmed up. Put the warmed up, goey bars into a bowl and top with some vegan ice cream. My GOD, this is about as good as it gets.
A few notes: Feel free to add any nuts and seeds of your choice. These are also good if you roll them in hemp seeds. This adds some amazing omega 3’s.
I added maple syrup to my recipe for the texture, but feel free to leave it out if you don’t have it. The soymilk and dates helps with the stickiness as well.
And that’s it. I hope you enjoy these delicious and easy chocolate peanut butter bars.
Share this recipe with a fellow chocolate and peanut butter addict
Try these recipes next
- Vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Healthy vegan granola bites
- Chocolate chickpea cookies
- Kid friendly vegan snacks
Vegan date energy balls
- 1 cup of oats
- 20 pitted dates
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp soymilk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- small pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
Melted peanut butter topping
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or vegan butter)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- In a food processor, blend the dates and oats first for about 10 seconds
- Add in everything except the chocolate chips and process for 15 seconds
- Add in chocolate chips and process for 5 seconds
- Either press into an 8×10 pan to make the bars or take a TBL and roll into balls
- After melting the peanut butter topping, drizzle over the balls or bars
- Place in a freezer for 10 minutes for the bars/balls to set
- Store in the fridge
Melted peanut butter topping
- Melt peanut butter and coconut oil in a sauce pan on low heat
- Stir while it melts
- Drizzle over the bars
Add in your favorite nut for more texture