Healthy and easy veggie burgers wrapped in lettuce.
Full of protein and fiber. Easy vegan burger recipe.
I have been making these delicious curry quinoa veggie burgers for a few years now. This recipe is one of my staples that I make just about every week.
I love them because they’re quick and easy to make and can be tailored to fit whatever I might have in the fridge that week.
I love eating greens and I try to incorporate them into my diet any way that I can.
My favorite way (besides a fruit-filled green smoothie) is to wrap things in lettuce leaves or collard greens. Both of which work wonderfully for this recipe.
The lettuce adds such a nice crunch to the burgers that I absolutely love. Plus, you get in more nutrients without even thinking about it.
Quinoa is high in protein and amazingly good for you. Check out the 7 benefits of Quinoa in this article next.
Learn how to cook quinoa in this blog post
Tips for making these veggie burgers
The base of these burgers are quinoa, chickpeas, oat flour and curry powder. I absolutely love using curry powder to add a ton of flavor. You can use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge that you need to use up.
I love using shredded carrots, peas, fresh cilantro and red onion. Whatever you use, just make sure to chop them up small so that everything is roughly the same size.
To keep these veggie burgers healthy, your best bet is to bake these. That’s my favorite way of cooking these. It cuts down on your oil consumption big time.
Now, I’m not completely oil-free, but I try to cut back when I can. A little goes a long way and makes me feel more energetic and less lethargic. Use a silicone baking sheet to completely cut out the need for oil. By buying through this affiliate link, you can support this blog!
What toppings go well on this burger?
Now, onto the fun part. You can top these curry burgers any way your heart desires. I treat mine like a regular burger and top it with relish, red onion, vegan mayo and ketchup.
You can also use avocado instead of mayo if you’d like to keep the processed oils completely out of this recipe.
That’s it! How easy was that? Please let me know how you enjoyed this recipe in the comment section below! Also, let me know what your favorite burger toppings are!
Try these recipes next:
Quinoa Chickpea Curry Burgers
- 15 oz can of chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa – cooked in vegetable broth
- ½ cup oat flour or regular flour
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- ½ red onion – finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 5 TBL water – this is our egg replacement
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 medium carrot – shredded
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro – optional
- 1 tbsp oil
- 9 romaine leaves – use these instead of a bun
- vegan mayo relish and ketchup
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse quinoa and cook according to instructions on bag. Use vegetable bouillon cube or vegetable broth instead of water to add more flavor.
- Mix ground flax with water and let sit to thicken
- Shred carrots, chop onions and cilantro
- Drain, rinse and smash chickpeas with a fork
- Once quinoa is done cooking, add everything to a bowl including the oil and mix well with spoon or hands – be careful as the quinoa will be hot!
- Form into 2″- 3″ patties – this should make about 9
- Put on oiled or lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Flip burgers and bake for another 10 minutes
- If you’d like to fry on the stove top, heat a pan with oil and fry each side until golden brown
- Serve on romaine leaves with relish, red onion, vegan mayo (or avocado) and ketchup!
LOVED THIS RECIPE? CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD.