Easy bliss balls recipe
These peanut butter bliss balls are an easy and healthy snack idea. Vegan, gluten free and kid friendly. Peanut butter and gluten free oats are naturally sweetened with dates. Takes only five minutes to make
This recipe is
- gluten free
- quick and easy
- kid friendly
Ingredients and substitutions
The base of this recipe is peanut butter, oatmeal and dates. You can add your favorite ingredients from there.
Peanut butter – I love using a runny peanut butter since it makes this recipe a little more moist.
Medjool dates – Make sure they’re pitted. These bliss balls are sweetened naturally with dates. Dates are amazingly nutritious as well and are high in fiber, vitamins and minerals like potassium. (1)
Vanilla – This adds a little more flavor to the bliss balls.
Soy milk – You can use whatever plant based milk you have on hand. I like to add a little splash of soy milk to make these bliss balls a little more moist. It also helps them to stick together better. If you don’t have soy milk, use whatever plant based milk you have on hand, or use water.
Shredded coconut – This adds a nice texture and flavor. If you don’t like coconut, feel free to leave it out.
Keep these in a tupperware in the fridge. They will last about a week. You can also freeze these. Let them thaw before eating.
What if I don’t have dates?
I’ve made this recipe with raisins before and it worked great.
Is this gluten free?
If you use certified gluten free oats, and make sure the other ingredients don’t have gluten, this recipe is gluten free.
What if I don’t like coconut?
Feel free to leave it out! These taste great without it.
Can I modify the ingredients?
Absolutely! Just keep the base of the recipe the same with oats, peanut butter and dates. You can add in any nuts or seeds that you like to add some crunch. Hemp seeds would go nicely in this recipe. Chocolate chips would also taste great.
More recipes you’ll love
- Vegan granola
- Vegan date energy balls
- Vegan black bean brownies
- Vegan rice crispy treats
- Vegan oatmeal raisin cookies
Peanut butter bliss balls
- 1 cup oats (gluten free if you want to make this recipe gluten free)
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons soy milk (or water)
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- Add the dry oatmeal to a food processor and blend for a minute.1 cup oats
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend for a minute or two. You will need to stop it a few times and scrape down the sides of the food processor.¾ cup peanut butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, 2 tablespoons soy milk, 6 pitted medjool dates
- Grab a spoon and scoop out about 1-2 tablespoons of batter. Squish together into a ball with the palm of your hand, then roll it to smooth it out even more. Store in the fridge in a tupperware with a lid.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you liked this recipe, make sure to pin it to your favorite Pinterest board by clicking the image below