Eggless pumpkin pie recipe
This is the easiest and best eggless pumpkin pie (vegan) recipe you will ever make. Only 7 ingredients! Just mix everything in a blender, pour into your pie crust and bake. Delicious vegan thanksgiving dessert recipe that your whole family will love.
Pumpkin spice season is here! Pumpkin pie is such a delicious dessert during the fall season and holidays. Vegans don’t have to miss out on anything! The decadent, custardy, creamy texture of the pumpkin pie filling tastes just like regular pumpkin pie.
Thanks to being made with silken tofu (our secret ingredient) this pie is full of protein. According to Women’s health magazine, pumpkin can help regulate blood sugar because of its high fiber content, help boost the immune system and is full of a lot of vitamins and minerals.
This delicious recipe is
- Easy to make
- Vegan, dairy free and eggless
- Perfect for the holiday season
This homemade pumpkin purée is made with only seven ingredients:
- silken tofu - works amazingly well as a vegan egg substitute in this eggless version.
- canned pumpkin
- brown sugar - you can also use maple syrup
- pumpkin pie spice
- cornstarch - you can also use tapioca starch
I don't mess with homemade pie crust. I just buy a pre-made pie crust from the grocery store to save time. Most of them are vegan, just read the ingredients to make sure.
If you want this recipe to be gluten free, just use a gluten free pie crust and make sure al of your other ingredients are certified gluten free, if you have celiac disease.
When the pie first comes out of the oven, the filling will be a bit puffy, but it flattens out when it cools. Let it cool on a wire rack after taking it out of the oven.
How to make vegan pumpkin pie
Making creamy vegan pumpkin pie is ridiculously easy. You just put all of the ingredients above in a blender and blend until smooth and well combined.
If you don’t have a blender, you can mix everything with an electric mixer in a mixing bowl or a food processor.
Then put your pie shell in your tart tin or pie pan and pour the pumpkin filling in a 9” pie pan with an unbaked pie dough and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let the pie completely cool to room temperature before serving.
I like making the pumpkin pie the day before and then storing it covered, in the fridge over night. This really helps all of the flavors to come together.
What to serve with pumpkin pie
I love topping pumpkin pie with
- Dairy free whipped cream
- Homemade whipped cream made from coconut cream or dairy free heavy cream
- Toasted walnuts or pecans
- Scoop of vanilla ice cream (dairy free of course)
I like to keep my pie in the pie dish in the fridge and just cover it with aluminum foil. It will last about a week. You can also keep it in an airtight container for best results.
I haven't tried freezing this pie, so I don't know how that would turn out. We usually eat it all!
Try these holiday recipes next
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with coconut bacon
- Creamy mashed potatoes without milk
- Stuffed butternut squash roast
- Dairy free green bean casserole
- Vegan deviled eggs
- Eggless chocolate chip cookies
- Vegan pumpkin pancakes
If you loved this recipe, leave a 5 ⭐️ rating on the recipe card and comment below!
Easy vegan pumpkin pie
- 16 ounce package of silken tofu
- 16 ounce can of pumpkin puree (make sure to get puree and not pie filling)
- ¾ cup lite brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9" unbaked pie crust ( make sure to check the ingredients that it doesn't have butter or eggs, most don't)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the pie crust, into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to stop it a few times and wipe down the sides, as the filling is pretty thick.16 ounce package of silken tofu, 16 ounce can of pumpkin puree, ¾ cup lite brown sugar, 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 tablespoon corn starch, ½ teaspoon salt
- If you don't have a blender, you can mix everything with an electric hand mixer in a bowl.
- Pour the batter into a pie tin with the crust9" unbaked pie crust
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or 1 hour and 10 minutes. The pie will seem slightly jiggly, but don't worry, it firms up once it cools.
- Let the pie completely cool before serving. The pie comes out of the oven looking puffy, put it will flatten out once it cools. Cover and store the pie in the fridge the night before serving.
- Once ready to serve, top with some vegan whipped cream.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.