Eggless and dairy free pumpkin pie
This is the easiest and best vegan pumpkin pie recipe you will ever make. Only 7 ingredients! Just mix everything in a blender, pour into your pie crust and bake. Delicious vegan thanksgiving dessert recipe that your whole family will love.
Pumpkin pie is such a delicious dessert during the holidays. Vegans don’t have to miss out on anything! The custardy and decadent pie filling can easily be made vegan.
Since this pie is full of high protein tofu and pumpkin, it’s pretty healthy too (minus the sugar). According to Women’s health magazine, pumpkin can help regulate blood sugar because of its high fiber content, help boost the immune system and is full of a lot of vitamins and minerals.
What’s in vegan pumpkin pie?
This recipe is made with only 7 ingredients:
- silken tofu – works amazingly well as a vegan egg substitute in this recipe
- canned pumpkin
- brown sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
How to make vegan pumpkin pie
Making vegan pumpkin pie is ridiculously easy. You just put all of the ingredients above in a blender and blend until smooth and well combined.
If you don’t have a blender, you can mix everything with an electric mixer in a bowl.
Then you just pour the pie filling in a 9” pie tin with an unbaked pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let the pie completely cool before serving.
I like making the pumpkin pie the day before and then storing it covered, in the fridge over night. This really helps all of the flavors to come together.
The pie will be a bit puffy and a little jiggly when you take it out of the oven, but it will firm up once it cools.
Serve this pie with some vegan whipped cream. Your whole family will love this recipe.
Try these other vegan holiday recipes next
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with coconut bacon
- Creamy mashed potatoes without milk
- Stuffed butternut squash roast
- Dairy free green bean casserole
- Vegan deviled eggs
- Eggless chocolate chip cookies
Easy vegan pumpkin pie
- 16oz package of silken tofu
- 16oz can of pumpkin puree (make sure to get puree and not pie filling)
- ¾ cup lite brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp salt
- 9" unbaked pie crust ( make sure to check the ingredients that it doesn't have butter or eggs, most don't)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the pie crust, into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to stop it a few times and wipe down the sides, as the filling is pretty thick.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can mix everything with an electric hand mixer in a bowl.
- Pour the batter into a pie tin with the crust
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or 1 hour and 10 minutes. The pie will seem slightly jiggly, but don’t worry, it firms up once it cools.
- Let the pie completely cool before serving. The pie comes out of the oven looking puffy, put it will flatten out once it cools. Cover and store the pie in the fridge the night before serving.
- Once ready to serve, top with some vegan whipped cream.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.