Gluten free pumpkin and oat pancakes
Easy vegan pumpkin pancakes. You can’t go wrong with fluffy, delicious vegan pancakes that are actually good for you too! Made with old fashioned oats, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and more, all made in a blender.
It’s that time of year where the leaves start to change, there’s a bite in the air and everything suddenly becomes pumpkin spiced.
I love how easy this recipe is. No need to hand mix everything, just put all the ingredients into a blender and there you go.
It’s like a bowl of oatmeal but more delicious. Here is how to make delicious vegan pumpkin pancakes.
This recipe is
- Vegan & Vegetarian
- Egg free
- Dairy Free
- Quick & Easy
- Can easily be made gluten free
To make this recipe easier, we’re going to blend it in a blender. That way, it pours a lot easier as well.
- Old fashioned oats – Instead of using flour, we’re going to be making our own oat flour by blending up old fashioned oats in the blender. It makes this recipe more healthy. If you’d like this to be gluten free, make sure to use certified gluten free oats.
- Vinegar – We’re mixing the vinegar in with our plant milk to make vegan buttermilk. This will give a delicious taste to the pancakes, as well as making them really fluffy, because the vinegar will react with the baking soda to create lift.
- Plant milk – Use whatever is your favorite. I love using soy milk because it’s so creamy.
- Maple syrup – This is my sweetener of choice. You can also use brown sugar instead.
- Pumpkin puree
- Baking soda & baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
After making the batter in the blender, let it sit for five minutes. This will give the vinegar time to react with the baking soda to make super fluffy pancakes.
Let your pan heat up, with vegan butter or oil, for at least five minutes.
Make sure to not put the pan on too high of heat. A low and slow cooking for pancakes is best. Use medium low heat.
If the batter becomes too thick while sitting, just blend it up for a few seconds. It will pour a lot easier.
Can I freeze these pancakes?
Yes! Pancakes are great to freeze. Just make a big batch. Then set them on a baking tray, spread out. Let them freeze like that first, for a few hours. Then transfer them to a freezer friendly bag. This will ensure they don’t freeze sticking together.
Is this gluten free?
These pancakes can easily be made gluten free by using certified gluten free oats, vanilla and vegan yogurt. Also check to make sure your pumpkin pie spice is gluten free, if you have a severe gluten allergy.
Give it a whirl and let me know how you liked them!
Try these recipes next
- Crispy breakfast burritos
- Grapefruit breakfast fruit salad
- Vegan oatmeal banana pancakes
- Vegan breakfast casserole
Easy vegan pumpkin pancakes
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats (Use certified gluten free oats to make this recipe gluten free)
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of Pecans
- Place Apple Cider Vinegar in Soymilk. This will create buttermilk and react with the baking soda to make your pancakes nice and fluffy1 cup plant milk, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Put oats in a blender and blend into a flour1½ cups old fashioned oats
- Add everything but the pecans to the blender and blend until mixed. Let batter sit for at least 5 minutes so the baking soda does its thing to make these fluffy1½ cups old fashioned oats, 1 cup plant milk, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ cup pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie seasoning, Pinch of salt
- Warm up a pan on medium low heat for 5 minutes. Oil the pan with vegan butter. The trickiest part about pancakes is keeping the heat at the right temp so you don't burn the outside and leave the inside gooey. Make sure to keep the heat at medium lowHandful of Pecans
- Pour batter onto pan. Put pecans on top. Let each side cook for at least 3 minutes each, until you start seeing air bubbles.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Pin this recipe to your favorite pinterest board