How to make a vegan pumpkin spice latte at home
Made from canned coconut milk. Perfect cozy fall drink. Vegan pumpkin spice latte. Gluten free and dairy free. Better than Starbucks pumpkin spice latte.
Here we go! It’s officially pumpkin spice season. Who needs effing Starbucks when we can make our own damn pumpkin spice latte at home! AND make it vegan.
I nearly frothed all over myself at the creamy, decadent deliciousness that is this vegan latte. Plus, it’s really easy to make.
Tips for making this pumpkin spiced latte
- The secret to this vegan pumpkin spice latte is CANNED COCONUT MILK. Oh no! I just shouted at my secret! Now EVERYONE knows! LOL
- Back in the ancient times (2010) before the market exploded with actual edible and delicious vegan dairy products (and not the plastic tasting crap that came out first), I used canned coconut milk as a dairy and cream alternative. It is wonderful and I still use it to this day, like in this decadent chocolate mousse
- Now, don’t get the lite coconut milk. It has to be the real, full of cream stuff (that’s what she said). Here are all five of our ingredients, so you can see the canned coconut milk.
- Make sure you shake up the can before you open it, so that the cream mixes with the coconut water.
- Now here’s a big time-saving tip for you: triple this recipe (minus the espresso), store it in a mason jar in the fridge. Now you have the coconut, pumpkin spice concoction ready to go each morning. Just make a fresh espresso or strong coffee each morning to go with it. BOOM! You’re welcome
- To make this nice and frothy, blend the ingredients after warming them up all together on the stove. (again, minus the coffee) in a blender. This will make sure everything is mixed well, AND it will give it a nice, frothy head.
Alright, now go grab your pumpkins, and get to making this latte!
Try these recipes next
- Chocolate oatmeal peanut butter balls
- Easy 5 ingredient chocolate chip granola
- Grapefruit breakfast fruit salad
- Vegan pumpkin pancakes
Creamy vegan pumpkin spice latte
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (full fat, not lite)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Double shot of espresso or ½ cup strongly brewed coffee
- Pour coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, pumpkin, maple syrup and coconut milk (basically everything except the espresso) into a blender and blend for one minute. This will make the latte frothy
- Pour mixture into a pan and heat on low while stirring
- Prepare your espresso or strong coffee
- Combine the pumpkin spice milk with the espresso in a mug.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and ENJOY!
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
LOVED THE RECIPE? PIN IN TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD.