How to roast Brussels sprouts
Delicious, crispy vegan roasted Brussel sprouts with coconut bacon. Perfect vegan side dish for the holidays. Vegan thanksgiving ideas. Salty, sweet and savory, the perfect combination. Easy to make and gluten free.
Looking for an amazing vegan side dish for the holiday season? These vegan roasted Brussel sprouts with coconut bacon are perfect!
All the people that say “But bacon, though” to us vegans will happily shut up once they put these Brussel sprouts in their pie holes.
Crispy, sweet, salty and savory; What more could you want from a side dish? They’re also really easy to make.
You can find unsweetened coconut flakes in the baking aisle of your grocery store. If you live in the middle of nowhere and can’t find unsweetened flaked coconuts at your grocery store, you can order them online.
Don’t worry, the coconut bacon doesn’t taste like coconut at all! Coconut provides a fatty and crispy texture that mimics bacon beautifully.
If you can’t find coconut flakes, you can also slice portobello mushrooms thinly and use those instead.
You can also find liquid smoke in the BBQ, ketchup and condiment aisle of your grocery store.
This can work with unsweetened shredded coconut, but the flakes have a better texture.
That’s about all I have to say about these delicious roasted Brussel sprouts with coconut bacon.
You can still indulge in amazing food as a vegan and this side dish is proof. Eat your bacon, but make sure it’s made from plants and not cute little piggies.
Share this with someone you love! Even better, share this with someone annoying who keeps bringing up bacon to you.
Try these vegan side dishes next
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Coconut Bacon
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts ( – cleaned and Sliced in half lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon – juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sprinkle of salt
Cooking the Brussel Sprouts
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse Brussel Sprouts and cut in half lengthwise
- In a bowl, cover them with oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice
- Place on a lined or oiled baking sheet, making sure they have room and aren’t touching each other
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Take out of the oven and add coconut bacon and serve
- In a mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, tahini, soy sauce, liquid smoke and smoked paprika.
- Sprinkle with salt and mix well until flakes are well coated
- Spread out on an oiled baking sheet, making sure they have enough space
- Add into the oven when the timer for the Brussel Sprouts has 12 minutes left.
- Take out of the oven and stir.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. The bacon gets crispier as it cools.
- Add bacon to the Brussel Sprouts and serve.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
LOVED THE RECIPE? PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD
Leave a Reply