Dairy free ranch dressing (easy to make)
This vegan cashew ranch dressing will take your salads and cauliflower buffalo wings to the next level.
I honestly can’t get enough of this vegan ranch dressing. It has been a staple in my fridge for years. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to share it with you!
This cashew ranch is:
- easy to make
- dairy free
- kid friendly
Tips for making vegan ranch dressing
- Make a big batch of this each week to have a delicious salad dressing ready to go. This will encourage you to eat more salads throughout the week.
- Soaking the cashews makes them easier to blend, which will create a smoother dressing
- To quick soak the cashews, boil some water and pour the water of the cashews in a coffee mug. Let them soak for 10 minutes.
How to use vegan ranch
- This dressing will last about a week in the fridge, so make sure you eat your salads!
- This ranch dressing also does well as a dip for your carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower.
- My favorite way to eat this ranch is to drizzle it over vegan pizza! I know, super American thing to do. LOL! It was my favorite food combo when I was 14.
- This also goes amazingly well with buffalo cauliflower.
How to make a nut-free vegan ranch dressing
If you’re allergic to nuts, it’s very easy to make a nut-free vegan ranch dressing.
Instead of cashews, just use:
- 1 cup of raw, soaked sunflower seeds
- Or 1 cup of hemp seeds
- Or ½ package of silken tofu. If you end up using tofu, just use half the amount of liquid that the recipe calls for.
More great recipes to try:
- Buffalo cauliflower tacos
- Vegan taco salad
- Best creamy vegan stovetop mac and cheese
- Easy BBQ tofu
- Crispy baked cauliflower buffalo wings
- Easy tofu tacos
Creamy vegan cashew ranch dressing
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water or unsweetened and plain oat milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp black pepper (freshly ground is best)
- Boil some water and pour boiling water over the cashews. Let soak for 10 minutes. Then drain.
- In a blender, blend the soaked cashews with 1 cup of water or unsweetened oat milk, 1 tsp each of salt, onion powder and garlic powder and 2 TBL of apple cider vinegar.
- Blend until smooth
- Stir in ½ tsp each of dried parsley, dill and black pepper.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.