Vegan high protein smoothie
This mango protein smoothie is high in protein, healthy, dairy free and delicious. Easy to make, vegan smoothie for breakfast or for after a workout. Made with mangoes, dairy free yogurt, protein powder and has 33 grams of protein.
This recipe is
- gluten free
- high protein (33 grams)
- quick and easy
I love how refreshing this smoothie is. All of these ingredients are very easy to find and can easily be substituted.
This smoothie also has no added sugar and uses dates to add sweetness. Dates are full of vitamins, minerals and potassium.
- Pea protein powder
- Soy milk – soy milk has has the highest amount of protein of all the dairy free milks. It also has a lot of health benefits.
- Soy yogurt
- Frozen mango – this makes the smoothie nice and cold, then you don’t need to add ice cubes.
- Frozen banana – freezing your banana makes smoothies extra creamy. You can also leave the banana out if you don’t like it.
- Medjool date – for natural sweetness
This mango protein smoothie lasts in a tight fitting jar for about 2-3 days in the fridge. Just shake it up really well before eating.
Can I omit bananas?
If you don’t like bananas, feel free to keep them out of this recipe. I just add them to add some extra creaminess.
Can I make this soy free?
If you’re allergic to soy, you can substitute the soy milk and soy yogurt for any other plant based alternatives.
I only chose soy milk and soy yogurt because they contain the highest amount of protein of all of the dairy free yogurts and milks.
What if I don’t have dates
If you don’t have any medjool dates on hand, you can just substitute for a couple tablespoons of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
You can also leave this out, the smoothie just won’t be as sweet.
More recipes you’ll like
Mango protein smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup pea protein powder (vanilla)
- ½ cup soy yogurt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 pitted medjool dates (use 2 tablespoons of maple syrup if you don't have dates)
- Peel and freeze your bananas over night. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more liquid if smoothie becomes too thick.
If you liked this recipe, make sure to pin it to your favorite Pinterest board by clicking the image below