High protein, savory vegan breakfast recipe
No need to get a bunch of pots and pans messy, just cook everything on a sheet pan and you’ve got a delicious, healthy, easy high protein vegan breakfast ready to go for the whole week.
Holy Guacamole do I have an easy recipe for you. I’ve been a bit obsessed with making breakfast recipes lately. Well, there’s good reason! Vegan breakfasts are insanely easy and delicious.
This recipe is really fun to make. Here is my sheet-pan breakfast burrito bowl.
Because of the tofu and beans in this breakfast bowl, this dish is also high in protein.
“Tofu is high in protein and contains all of the essential amino acids your body needs. It also provides fats, carbs, and a wide variety of vitamins and minerals.” according to this healthline article
Tofu is so much better to eat in the mornings than eggs because tofu doesn’t contain any cholesterol so it’s good for you heart.
Tips for making this high protein vegan breakfast bowl
- Don’t worry about pressing the tofu. Baking it will get rid of the excess water.
- Use extra firm tofu
- Some of the foods might get dry if you bake them too long, so make sure you use a couple tablespoons of oil to keep everything tasty.
- You can get as creative as you want with the fillings, but my favorite things to put in my breakfast bowl are potatoes (of course) tofu scramble, peppers, mushrooms and onions. To save even more time, you can buy most of these things frozen
- To make this easier, use a frozen peppers and onions blend and then frozen hash browns.
- If you fancy a vegan breakfast burrito, you can use this as a filling, or just put it in a bowl, like I did, if you don’t have any wraps on hand.
- This burrito bowl definitely needs a creamy topping. Make sure to watch my recipe video below to find out how to make an easy vegan cream sauce that brings this whole dish together.
- Top it off with some store-bought or homemade guacamole, salsa and vegan sour cream and you’ve got yourself a delicious, healthy breakfast that will keep you full for hours.
- This is also freezer friendly. If you know you have a busy week ahead, make this on a Sunday, put it in a burrito wrap and cover tightly with tin foil. Pop them in the freezer or fridge and you’ve got breakfast burritos you can warm up and then take with you on the go.
Hope you enjoy this easy recipe. Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below!
More vegan breakfast ideas to try next
- Vegan fried egg and avocado breakfast sandwich
- Vegan egg and sausage breakfast sandwich
- Savory vegan breakfast casserole
- Delicious vegan french toast
Sheet pan vegan high protein breakfast burrito bowl
- 2 cups frozen hashbrown potatoes
- 2 cups frozen fajita blend veggies (bell peppers and onions)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 16 oz of black beans (1 can drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp each of garlic and onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz extra firm tofu (about half of a package)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Cut block of tofu in half and gently crumble the tofu to resemble scrambled egg size.
- Don’t worry about squeezing water out of the tofu. Baking it will dry it out.
- Sprinkle on garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast, salt, oil and turmeric and gently mix well
Assemble it all
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Oil a baking sheet
- Make rows of each ingredient: a row of beans, tofu scramble, mushrooms, fajita vegggies, potatoes.
- Drizzle each row with a little olive oil and mix it in with hands while keeping the rows separate.
- Sprinkle each row with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. Add any additional seasoning you like: I also love smoked paprika or chili powder
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Place ingredients in a bowl, or burrito wrap.
- Top with vegan salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
- It’s important to top with at least one of the above sauces to make this dish even tastier!