Easy vegan tacos
Vegan sweet potato and black bean tacos. Easy to make and clean up. Perfect, delicious one pan vegan recipe for a busy weeknight. Can be made gluten free. Easy vegan meal for new vegans or college students. Dairy free.
All the people that make the excuse that vegan food is too hard or expensive can suck a big fat cucumber! This recipe proves them all wrong.
I make these vegan one pan sweet potato and black bean tacos every couple of weeks because it’s easy to make and clean up.
Who wants to spend all night cleaning up dinner after working all day AND cooking dinner? A masochist, that’s who!
I love vegan one pan meals. I recipe test meals all week, so these are my go to recipes when I don’t really want to cook anymore, but I also don’t want to spend money ordering in.
Check out this Lentil Sweet Potato Soup next for some more sweet potato goodness!
The ingredients in these one pan sweet potato tacos are all really affordable: Beans, sweet potatoes, salsa, frozen bell peppers and onions. It doesn't get cheaper than that.
You can always skip the vegan cheese if you’re on a tight budget, but the cheese adds a gooey, satisfying flavor that brings this whole dish together.
A bag of shredded vegan cheese is usually between $3-$5.
My favorite vegan cheese brands are Follow your heart, VioLife and Chao. Daiya is also good but not my favorite.
I actually used Daiya in this recipe because it was the easiest to find and the most affordable. It actually tastes pretty good when mixed in with all of these ingredients.
These vegan tacos are also so easy because the only thing you need to prep are the sweet potatoes and garlic.
Buy a bag of frozen bell pepper and onion blend.
It’s always great to have a bag in your freezer because it comes in handy with so many meals.
Make sure to top off these tacos with some lettuce, salsa and guacamole. If you want to go the extra mile, get some vegan sour cream as well.
That’s all my sexy vegan friends. Enjoy and share this recipe with someone you love
Try this recipe next:
One Pan Cheesy Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos
- 1 medium sweet potato - peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoon oil (can substitute with water but you may need more water than 2 TBL)
- ½ bag frozen bell pepper and onion blend
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoon salsa
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Tortilla shells
- Add oil to a large skillet and warm on medium heat
- Once pan is warmed add sweet potatoes
- Cook for 15 minutes gently stirring at times
- Add more oil or a dash of water to the pan if needed
- Add ½ bag of frozen pepper and onion blend and cook 5 minutes
- Add packet of taco seasoning, salsa, beans and garlic
- cook for 5 minutes
- Turn heat to medium low
- Top with shredded vegan cheese and cover for 5-8 minutes until cheese melts
- Dish out onto tortilla and top with lettuce, guacamole and salsa
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.