Classic, delicious vegan minestrone soup.
Comforting, easy and delicious vegan minestrone soup. Dairy free and can be made gluten free.
We’re not dicking around here, folks. This classic vegan minestrone soup will knock your socks off.
There are so many things to love about a good bowl of soup: how easy it is to make, how you can use up all the veggies in your fridge that are about to go bad, how warm and comforting it is.
This soup is
- dairy free
- can be made gluten free with gf noodles
- high in fiber
- healthy AF
Here are my tips on making this soup:
If you can find some vegan parmesan to use for this, do it! My favorite brand is Violife. Their parmesan tastes so damn good in this. Follow your heart also has a good vegan parmesan cheese.
- Make sure to not put your kale or spinach in until toward the end. We don’t want them to get over cooked and slimy.
- If you can’t find fresh basil for this, dried basil works great as well. Just put it in when you put the other dried herbs in.
- This soup can be frozen if you want to make a big batch. Just thaw it out the day before.
- This minestrone soup tastes amazing the next day as leftovers. This gives all the flavors a chance to mingle.
- If you love soups, check out my creamy curry butternut squash soup after this one.
Try these vegan recipes next:
- Loaded Jackfruit Nachos
- White bean and kale winter soup
- Dairy free green bean casserole
- Vegan chicken noodle soup
- Vegan beef stew
Vegan classic minestrone soup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 medium carrots (diced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon paste (or 1.5 veggie bouillon cubes)
- 28 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen halved green beans
- 1 medium zucchini (cut in half and scoop seeds out with spoon. Roughly chopped)
- ½ cup small pasta (like elbow macaroni or rotini)
- 16 oz can of kidney beans or great northern beans ( drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup vegan parmesan (shredded. If you can't find this use whatever white vegan shredded cheese you can find.)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves (or 2 tsp dried basil)
- 1 cup kale (roughly chopped)
- 6 cups water
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot on medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions start to lightly brown and caramelize
- Add the carrot, onion, garlic, thyme, sage and dried basil if you don’t have fresh basil. If you’re using fresh basil add this in at the very end, right before serving.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and add a splash of water if needed
- Add the tomato paste, can of diced tomatoes, bouillon paste and water
- Bring to a boil then turn heat to a simmer – about medium low heat
- Add dried pasta, zucchini, beans, green beans, nutritional yeast and vegan parmesan.
- Simmer for 12 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- 2 minutes before you’re done simmering, add the chopped kale.
- Turn heat off and add the fresh basil
- Season with black pepper and extra salt if needed
- Let this soup sit for 5-8 minutes then enjoy
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.