Instant pot lentil soup (vegan)
Instant pot (pressure cooker) and stove top directions available. Vegan lentil and sweet potato soup. Healthy, gluten free, dairy free and vegan recipe. Quick and easy to make for a busy weeknight dinner.
I went to my first twerk-shop (a class that teaches you how to twerk) a few days ago, at my local pole dance studio.
It was so f&cking fun! The most fun I’d had in a while. I came home after shaking my ass and I was HUNGRY!
I whipped up this soup so quickly and easily and it satisfied me down to my twerking soul.
I love lentils, so much so that I almost named my blog that. ILoveLentils.com. True story.
Lentils are such a perfect food: high in vitamins, fiber, minerals and protein. Wondering how to get protein as a vegan? You don’t have to worry as much if you lentils and beans regularly.
Some tips on making this easy vegan lentil soup:
use up whatever veggies you have in the fridge or freezer. Kale also works great in this if you’re trying to sneak in some more leafy greens.
I included a stove top version of this recipe for those of you that don’t have an instant pot or pressure cooker.
As always, adjust the salt content to fit your taste. I like things on the saltier side, so I added a ½ teaspoon in addition to my veggie bouillon cube.
I love using Edward & son’s no-chicken veggie bouillon cubes.
Make a big batch of this recipe and put half of it in the freezer for later. It’s a great meal prep option.
This soup is:
- Gluten free
- High in fiber
- High in protein
- Dairy free
- Easy and quick
Try these recipes next
- Easy black bean soup recipe
- Instant pot vegan chili
- Vegan beef stew
- Lentil and chickpea curry
- Vegan pot roast
- Instant pot sweet potato curry
Easy instant pot lentil and sweet potato soup
Easy Lentil and sweet potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 small carrots (diced)
- 1 medium celery (diced)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup dry brown or green lentils (rinsed)
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 small bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen spinach or big handful baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Instant pot directions
- Turn instant pot to sauté and add oil. Add onions, celery, carrots, and sauté for five minutes. Add a splash of water if it starts to burn.1 tablespoon oil, 1 small onion, 2 small carrots, 1 medium celery
- Add the seasonings and garlic and sauté for one minute.1 tablespoon curry powder, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 6 cloves garlic
- Add the sweet potatoes, lentils, bay leaves, can of tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt and black pepper. Set Instant Pot to Manual, High for 7 minutes. Once finished, set valve to quick release.½ teaspoon salt, 1 medium sweet potato, 1 cup dry brown or green lentils, 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, 2 small bay leaves, 4 cups vegetable broth, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add in the lemon juice, spinach, extra cup of broth if it became too thick, and more salt if needed. Enjoy!1 cup frozen spinach or big handful baby spinach, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Stove top directions
- Add oil to a large pot and set it to medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, and sauté for five minutes. Add a splash of water if it starts to burn.1 tablespoon oil, 1 small onion, 2 small carrots, 1 medium celery
- Add the seasonings and garlic and sauté for one minute.1 tablespoon curry powder, 6 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Add the sweet potatoes, lentils, bay leaves, can of tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn down to a simmer. Simmer for 20-25 minutes with the lid partially on, or until the lentils are cooked.½ teaspoon salt, 1 medium sweet potato, 1 cup dry brown or green lentils, 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, 2 small bay leaves, 4 cups vegetable broth, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Turn heat off. Add in the lemon juice, spinach, extra cup of water if it became too thick.1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 cup frozen spinach or big handful baby spinach
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Reply