Easy pressure cooker (instant pot) vegan three bean chili recipe.
Hearty, full of protein and fiber. Dairy free, gluten free, healthy and delicious
I was recently gifted a pressure cooker (thanks mom!) after wanting one for over a year. Everyone loves it except my stove; I haven’t used it in two weeks.
I must admit, when I first got the pressure cooker, I was a bit daunted on how to use it. Reading its directions pamphlet made me feel like I had accidentally ordered a military-grade weapon.
But after making my first meal, I quickly got the hang of it. I’m now in love with how easy and delicious every meal turns out to be.
Since we’re on the topic of easy, here is my favorite way to make vegan three bean chili. It’s as easy as it can get, besides having a restaurant make it for you. But, honestly, who wants to put on actual pants and go out in public?
We made it to the end of winter. It’s that awkward, middle-school time of year when the weather is clumsily changing from winter to spring
This vegan chili is perfect for a cold winter evening, or a rainy spring day. It’s full of protein and fiber and will keep you full and satisfied as you weave your way around the rain puddles/snow sludge.
Make sure to sauté all of the spices in this chili in the beginning when you’re sautéing your onions and garlic. This helps the flavors to bloom and become the best versions of themselves. Since we are what we eat, who doesn’t want to be the best version of themselves?
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, this vegan three bean chili can also be made on the stove. (my stove just let out a happy sigh when it heard that).
All you need to do is sauté everything just like the beginning of this recipe and instead of cooking it on high pressure for 15 minutes, bring it to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
I think that’s it. This recipe is so easy and straightforward, I don’t really have any other tips for you!
What are you waiting for? Grab your pressure cooker and get to cooking!
Try these recipes next
Easy Pressure Cooker Vegan Three Bean Chili
- 15 oz black beans (15 oz can)
- 15 oz pinto beans (15 oz can)
- 30 oz kidney beans (15 oz cans)
- 15 oz fire roasted tomatoes (15 oz can)
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup of pasta sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp chipotle powder or smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional if you don’t like things spicy)
- ½ cup of salsa or taco sauce
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 onion – diced
- 3 cloves of garlic – diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- Turn your pressure cooker to sauté. Add a TBL of water or tsp of oil
- After the cooker heats up, sauté the onions, garlic and spices for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients. Put lid on, close the valve and set pressure cooker to high for 15 minutes. Let the pressure slow release.
- After it’s cooked, let it cool down a little bit. Food always tastes better when it’s cooled down a bit.
- Serve with vegan corn bread, vegan sour cream & cheese, or a fresh loaf of bread.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD TO SAVE IT FOR LATER