Healthy, savory vegan breakfast
This vegan sweet potato breakfast hash is healthy and super easy to make. Perfect vegan breakfast that will keep you full and satisfied. Learn how to make an avocado taste like a fried egg. Easy vegan breakfast idea.
Well good-f$cking morning! You will definitely get some pep into your step with this damn tasty vegan breakfast.
I love this recipe and you will too. This is my healthy vegan sweet potato breakfast hash.
If you’re in a bit of a rut with what to eat as a vegan for breakfast, or you miss the taste of eggs, this recipe will wake you the hell up!
Eggs are for losers 🙂 Eat your veggies! (just kidding, they’re not a losers, we’re all on our own journeys)
Sweet potatoes are hella good for you. Full of vitamins and minerals and healthy carbs that will give you energy all day.
&ck all the low-carb, bullshit nonsense out there. Our bodies love carbs that come from whole plant foods.
And I have a way to make an avocado taste like a fried egg. Keep reading to have your mind blown.
TIPS FOR MAKING VEGAN SWEET POTATO BREAKFAST HASH
- I chose to keep the skins on because there are a lot of nutrients in the skins. But feel free to peel them if you’d like
- To get the sweet potatoes to cook through, I made sure to cover the pan with a lid and after about 10 minutes, I added a splash of water. This helped to steam the potatoes through.
- Use whatever veggies you have on hand to go with this hash. That’s the beauty of this breakfast, you can use up whatever is in your fridge.
- I’m pretty excited about my avocado egg. When you mix some black salt with the mashed egg, it seriously makes this taste similar to a fried egg.
- If you’re a vegan that misses the taste of eggs for breakfast, you need some black salt in your pantry.
- If you haven’t stocked your pantry with some black salt yet, you need to right away. It’s easy to find at an Indian grocery store, it’s called Kala Namak there, or you can buy it online. It’s very affordable.
- This vegan breakfast skillet goes well with a side of toast and veggie sausage, or you can wrap it up in some taco shells for a breakfast taco or burrito.
- Great toppings are: hot sauce, salsa, vegan sour cream, cilantro or lettuce. Really whatever your heart desires.
Vegan sweet potato breakfast hash is:
- high in fiber
- dairy free
- can be made gluten free by omitting the vegan sausage
- healthy AF
Share this recipe with someone who is looking for a good vegan breakfast recipe.
More vegan breakfast recipes
- Cheesy tofu scramble
- Vegan fried egg sandwich
- Easy, freezer friendly breakfast burrito
- Savory vegan breakfast casserole
Vegan sweet potato breakfast hash
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 large sweet potato – diced I kept the skin on, but feel free to peel it
- ½ onion – sliced or diced
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- ½ red bell pepper – diced
- 4 mushrooms – sliced
- 2 vegan breakfast sausages – roughly chopped up
- ⅓ cup black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Handful of fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- ½ tsp black salt
- Add oil to a pan and set to medium heat
- Add the diced sweet potatoes, smoked paprika, salt, chili powder, black pepper, and mushrooms
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender. Stir occasionally. Should take 15-20 minutes. Cover the potatoes with a lid to speed up the process. You may also want to add a splash of water after 10 minutes to steam the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are mostly cooked through, add the bell pepper, spinach, black beans, garlic and vegan breakfast sausage. Cook until peppers are slightly tender and spinach is wilted – about 5-8 minutes
- Turn off heat
- In a small bowl, mash a ripe avocado and add a splash of lime juice and the ½ tsp of black salt. The black salt makes the avocado taste like a fried egg- I’m not kidding.
- Dollop the avocado on top of the hash and top with whatever you’d like: vegan sour cream, hot sauce, cilantro, lettuce, salsa or more lime juice.
- You can also put this in taco shells and have a breakfast taco