Yes, Ma’am!! This absolutely hit the spot. This recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Grab your friends and dig in!
Easy vegan chicken tacos with mango salsa
It has been snowing every other day in April and it’s starting to bum me out. To cheer myself up and remind myself that warmer weather is just around the corner, I put together these delicious tacos.
They taste like a peak-of-summer bbq where you’re surrounded by friends and soaking up some much needed sun.
I used to absolutely love chicken soft tacos. In middle school, after playing a softball game, my mom would take me to Taco Bell since it was pretty close to the field.
I used to look forward to that so much. Now that I’m vegan, I wanted to replicate a chicken soft taco. There has never been a favorite childhood meal that I couldn’t veganize. I find a creative joy in tinkering with comfort foods and making them vegan.
I had a bit of BBQ sauce (make sure you get a vegan one without honey and anchovies) in the fridge and some mangoes I needed to use up, so I thought of this fun recipe.
Try these recipes next
- 1 bag vegan chicken (I used Gardein Teriyaki Chick’n Strips)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 16 oz BBQ sauce – make sure it has no honey or anchovies
To Make Chicken
- Put Chick’n in a bowl top with a few squeezes of BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle taco seasoning pack on chick’n and stir everything together
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes to marinate
- Cook in a heated pan with a little bit of oil
- Once you get a sear on each side of the chick’n, add BBQ sauce to coat
- Let it cook with the sauce for at least 5-10 minutes for the sauce to carmelize slightly
To Make Salsa
- Peel and dice the mango
- Chop up all ingredients and add everything together into a bowl
- Assemble ingredients on a warm tortilla. Add toppings of your choice like guacamole, salsa or vegan sour cream:
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup of unsweetened vegan milk or water
- Blend it all together. Add more water as needed to get consistency you desire
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.