Yes, Ma’am!! This absolutely hit the spot. This recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Grab your friends and dig in!
Easy vegan chicken tacos with mango salsa
It has been snowing every other day in April and it’s starting to bum me out. To cheer myself up and remind myself that warmer weather is just around the corner, I put together these delicious tacos.
They taste like a peak-of-summer bbq where you’re surrounded by friends and soaking up some much needed sun.
I used to absolutely love chicken soft tacos. In middle school, after playing a softball game, my mom would take me to Taco Bell since it was pretty close to the field.
I used to look forward to that so much. Now that I’m vegan, I wanted to replicate a chicken soft taco. There has never been a favorite childhood meal that I couldn’t veganize. I find a creative joy in tinkering with comfort foods and making them vegan.
I had a bit of BBQ sauce (make sure you get a vegan one without honey and anchovies) in the fridge and some mangoes I needed to use up, so I thought of this fun recipe.
Try these recipes next
Vegan BBQ Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1 bag vegan chicken (I used Gardein Teriyaki Chick’n Strips)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 16 oz BBQ sauce – make sure it has no honey or anchovies
- 1 Ripe mango
- ¼ red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro (10 or so sprigs)
- handful of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
To Make Chicken
- Put Chick’n in a bowl top with a few squeezes of BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle taco seasoning pack on chick’n and stir everything together
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes to marinate
- Cook in a heated pan with a little bit of oil
- Once you get a sear on each side of the chick’n, add BBQ sauce to coat
- Let it cook with the sauce for at least 5-10 minutes for the sauce to carmelize slightly
To Make Salsa
- Peel and dice the mango
- Chop up all ingredients and add everything together into a bowl
- Assemble ingredients on a warm tortilla. Add toppings of your choice like guacamole, salsa or vegan sour cream:
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of unsweetened vegan milk or water
- Blend it all together. Add more water as needed to get consistency you desire
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I just came across your website for the first time and have bookmarked a bunch of recipes to try, but I just saw the picture using an upside down muffin tin as a taco holder and YOU ARE A GENIUS! I can’t wait to try your recipes 🙂
Damn Tasty Vegan
LOL! Thank you! I do what I can with what I have. So glad you’re enjoying the recipes! Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions. Make sure to get my free grocery list as well! You can sign up right on this page. It includes an easy beginner grocery list, meal ideas you can use with that list and a protein cheat sheet. Hope that helps! Thanks for the kind comment