Easy, one pot coconut curry gnocchi soup. No prepping and no fuss vegan soup recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight. Easy vegan dinner idea.
This soup came together on one of those nights when I was tired as hell and didn’t feel like messing around in the kitchen.
So, I whipped up this one pot, vegan coconut curry gnocchi soup together. No muss, no fuss. It came together perfectly!
I’m an absolute curry addict and will eat it all day, every day.
Same goes for anything potato, so this soup is the best of both worlds.
This recipe is really easy to make because it requires no prepping and is a one pot meal.
For the veggies, I happened to have some frozen bell peppers and spinach on hand so I used those. They worked really well with this.
If you don’t have that on hand, use whatever veggies you do. Soups are the best to make when you need to clean out your fridge and freezer. Really, any vegetable would be good in this coconut curry soup.
All of the ingredients are pretty common and easy to find.
If you don’t have gnocchi, pasta shells would also be good in this.
Gnocchi is one of those things I absolutely love, but for whatever reason, I forget to make it. Every time I eat gnocchi I’m reminded how much I love it and would like to make it more.
Whip this easy, weeknight vegan dinner recipe up on a busy night when you want something healthy, but don’t want to spend too much time cooking.
Try these vegan soups next
- classic vegan minestrone soup
- creamy curry butternut squash soup
- Vegan Thai red curry with tofu
- Lentil and chickpea curry
- Vegan tikka masala
Vegan coconut curry gnocchi soup
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste (make sure it doesn’t have anchovies)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 6 cups of water
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 veggie bouillon cube
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ block extra firm tofu – cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1-2 cups frozen bell peppers and onions
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 LB gnocchi
- Heat a soup pan on medium heat
- Add a splash of water, the red curry paste, sugar, curry powder and tomato paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add six cups of water, bouillon cube, diced tomatoes, garlic powder and soy sauce and bring it to a simmer
- Add the frozen bell peppers and tofu and simmer, with the lid partially on, for 15 minutes
- Add the gnocchi and frozen spinach, bring to a simmer (if the frozen spinach made it stop simmering) and cook for two minutes
- Turn off heat and add the can of coconut milk
- Add a little more water if needed, but add more soy sauce if you add more water so the flavor doesn’t get diluted
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.