Egg free, dairy free banana bread
Perfect with your morning cup of coffee and will make your house smell amazing. Great recipe to use up spotty bananas. Easy vegan banana bread. Dairy free and egg free.
Banana bread is my absolute favorite bread. It’s so comforting and delicious. I love the way it makes my house smell.
This vegan banana bread is
- moist and delicious
Tips for making easy vegan banana bread:
Find a good vegan butter. My favorite lately is Miyoko’s brand. Their cultured butter is amazing and will make this banana bread even better.
If you can’t find vegan yogurt, just substitute for ¼ cup of plant based milk.
Don’t over mix the batter. It will make the bread tough. Stir it just enough to fold in the flour.
Sprinkle brown sugar on top right before baking. Trust me, this brown sugar crust will knock your socks off.
Cover the banana bread and store it on the counter. Putting it in the fridge might make it a little soggy. It should last for about a week.
These would probably be good as banana muffins as well. Try it out and let me know!
If you love baking bread, try out this chocolate peanut butter zucchini bread recipe next!
Vegan banana bread
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 ripe and spotty bananas
- ½ cup vegan butter – Miyoko’s brand is my favorite
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup soymilk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slightly melt vegan butter in microwave or on the stove. Don’t fully melt it, just get it softened.
- Mash bananas
- Add sugar, butter, soymilk and beat with an electric mixer until butter is mixed in well
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground flax and salt and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour to the wet ingredients
- Don’t over mix as this will make the bread tough. Mix just enough to have the flour integrated.
- Fold in chocolate chips or walnuts if you’d like
- Oil a bread pan & pour batter in pan
- Sprinkle more brown sugar on top
- Bake for one hour or until you stick a knife in and it comes out clean
- Take out of the oven and let sit for 6 minutes before taking out of loaf pan