How to order vegan fast food in 2021
Vegan fast food options you never knew were there. I show you exactly what I say to be able to order vegan food at many common fast food chains like taco bell, burger king, KFC and more!
I have traveled all over the U.S. as well as internationally. I can always find vegan fast food options when I’m traveling and need something fast and convenient.
I am able to easily do this by looking for a handful of common fast food restaurants that I know are easy to order vegan at.
I will give you the ones I eat at instead of overwhelming you with every single option at every restaurant. Here is exactly what I say to order vegan fast food:
Vegan options at TACO BELL
This is by far the best and easiest way to eat vegan on the road. You just have to order these without cheese and sour cream.
When you say you want something “fresco style” it means they take the sour cream and cheese off and they add a fresh salsa instead.
I’ve found they mess that up a lot, so I just say no cheese and no sour cream. They are used to vegans modifying orders, so don’t worry. Here is exactly what I say when I’m ordering:
Taco bell recently took the 7 layer burrito off its menu, but there is still a way to order it, plus it’s a lot cheaper!
- Cheesy bean and rice burrito (from the $1 menu): No cheese and no creamy jalapeno sauce, add lettuce and guacamole
- Black bean burrito: No cheese and no sour cream, add guacamole and lettuce
- Bean burrito: No cheese and no sour cream, add guacamole and lettuce
- Veggie power menu bowl: No cheese and no sour cream
- Crunchy or soft taco: Fresco style (or say no cheese and no sour cream), sub beans for beef, add guacamole
- Black bean crunch wrap: No cheese and no sour cream, add guacamole
- Nachos bell grande: Substitute black beans for beef, no cheese and no sour cream, add lettuce, pico de gallo and guacamole
Vegan options at Starbucks
- Oatmeal with soymilk
- Latte: Made with soy, coconut, almod or oat milk
- Unfortunately the impossible breakfast sandwich isn’t vegan
- Vegan bagel with avocado spread
- Java chip frappaccino: Hold the java chips, use soay, almond, oat or coconut milk, no whipped cream
Vegan options at Panera bread
If you’d like a bigger list of vegan options at panera bread click that link.
- Mediterranean veggie sandwich: No feta, on country rustic or french baguette
- 10 vegetable soup
- Mediterranean Grain Bowl: No feta, No yogurt, sub for extra hummus
- Any salad on the menu: Substitute meat and cheese for avocado, quinoa and hummus
- Modern greek salad with quinoa: No feta, Balsamic dressing instead of greek dressing
Vegan options at Chipotle
Chipotle is super vegan friendly. I love eating here. Check out my blog post Chipotle vegan options for more info.
- Sofritos burrito or bowl: rice, black and pinto beans, salsa, guacamole, grilled veggies and lettuce
Vegan options at Qdoba
- Veggie burrito or bowl: All the veggies, beans and guacamole, no sour cream or cheese
- Impossible burrito or taco: No cheese and no sour cream
Vegan options at Carl’s Jr
- Beyond famous star and fries: No cheese and no mayo
Vegan options at Burger king
- Impossible whopper (No cheese and no mayo)
- French toast sticks
- hash browns
- Impossible breakfast sausage patty
Vegan options at Dunkin Donuts
- Beyond breakfast patty:
I order this a little weirdly because if you just order the Beyond Breakfast sandwich, they will charge you for egg and cheese so order it like this and then just make your own sandwich:
Beyond breakfast patty
Toasted english muffin – no butter
Now assemble and eat for half the price
White castle vegan options
- Impossible burger slider: No cheese or mayo
Tropical smoothie cafe vegan options
- Hummus veggie wrap or bowl: No cheese
- Any sandwich, wrap or bowl with chicken can be substituted to have Beyond vegan chick’n on it instead! Then just ask for it without mayo or cheese
- Any smoothie can be made without yogurt or milks
Subway vegan options
- Veggie delight: all the veggies, no cheese or mayo, add avocado, subway vinaigrette
- Beyond meatball sub: no cheese. This is only available at select subways
Noodles and Co. Vegan options
- Chinese chop salad: No wantons
- Indonesian peanut sauté
- Japanese pan noodles
- Penne rosa: No cream and no cheese
- Whole grain tuscan fresca: No cheese
*Tofu can be added to any dish
TGI Fridays vegan options
These can be found in a lot of airports as well. So this place is great if you’re traveling by plane.
- Beyond burger & fried: No cheese and no mayo, add avocado. You can also order this”green” and it omits the bun and serves it wrapped in lettuce
Vegan Del Taco options
Del taco has some amazing vegan options, especially since they introduced Beyond Beef a few years ago. Here’s what you can order vegan at Del Taco:
- Beyond avocado taco
- Beyond 8 layer burrito: Ask for it to be made vegan (they will know what that means there)
- Beyond cali burrito: Ask for it to be made vegan
Gas station (vegan road snacks)
clif bars (check ingredients, some have honey or dairy)
oreos (yup! they’re accidentally vegan)
pretzles and hummus
Pretzles and tostito bean dip
apples, bananas, oranges
dark chocolate (read ingredients)
KFC vegan options
- Beyond fried chicken
- Corn on the cob (request no butter)
- BBQ baked beans
- Green beans
- Sweet kernel corn (no butter)
- Apple turnover
- House side salad (no cheese)
- Light Italian dressing
If you visit India, I’ve seen KFC in the airports and they have vegan chicken there. Their slogan in India is even “KFC, so fresh, so veg”
Mellow mushroom pizza vegan options
My family loves going here every time we vacation in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
- Veggie pizza: No cheese or butter on the crust, order it to be made with vegan cheese
- Mushroom pizza: Vegan cheese, no butter on the crust
Blaze pizza vegan options
They offer vegan cheeses and meats here! Design your own pizza with veggies and vegan meats and cheeses.
Final thoughts on ordering vegan fast food
I hope this post helped you to see that it’s completely possible to order vegan food at many common fast food chains. Please leave me questions in the comment section below.
If you’d like more ideas on how to eat vegan on the road check out the blogpost in the link
LOVED THIS POST? PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD.