Vegan zucchini bread recipe
Moist, delicious and satisfying chocolate chip and peanut butter vegan zucchini bread. Pairs perfectly with your morning cup of coffee. Vegan, delicious and easy to make. Great way to use up your end of summer zucchini.
It’s that time of year when everyone is panicking about their zucchini going bad. Frantic home gardeners everywhere are chasing down their unsuspecting neighbors and giving away their zucchini by the barrel-full.
Well don’t panic because I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. Here’s a fantastic twist on the classic zucchini bread recipe. Chocolate chip and peanut butter vegan zucchini bread.
It’s moist, comforting and delicious.
Zucchini is such an interesting vegetable to put in baked goods. It doesn’t taste like anything, and it adds some great nutrients and moisture. It’s full of vitamin B6, C, K, folate, potassium and magnesium.
A fair warning, this bread doesn’t really taste like peanut butter. The peanut butter is a great way to add moisture to your bread without having to add a lot of oil.
So flag down your neighbor, grab some of their zucchinis and let’s bake our buns off
Chocolate peanut butter vegan zucchini bread
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 ripe banana – mashed
- ½ cup soymilk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut or canola oil (can substitute for applesauce)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup grated zucchini (don’t squeeze water out)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax or chia seeds mixed with 4 TBL water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Make your flax egg (mix 1 TBL ground flax with 4 TBL water)
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix together all wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add your chocolate chips to wet ingredients last
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- Stir only for a few moments and then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes. This ensures the zucchini will release more water into the mixture to make it easier to stir.
- Gently mix batter again but don’t over-mix
- Add batter to a lined or oiled bread pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes
- Remove bread from bread pan and let cool completely