How to cook zucchini in the air fryer
How to easily cook zucchini in the air fryer. This recipe is a quick and delicious way to cook zucchini with very few ingredients. Zucchini makes a perfect side dish to any meal.
Looking for a delicious and healthy way to cook zucchini during zucchini season? Look no further than your air fryer! This versatile kitchen appliance can do so much more than just fried foods – it can also be used to cook up healthy and delicious meals.
Zucchini is a great option for air frying because it is low in calories and fat but high in nutrients. Zucchini makes for a fantastic healthy side dish. his is a great low carb recipe to use up all of your garden grown zucchini.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- it’s a delicious side dish
- contains minimal ingredients
- takes less than 20 minutes
- gluten free ( if you don’t use bread crumbs)
- it’s vegan and vegetarian
- quick and easy to make
Ingredients and substitutions
- Fresh zucchini – I either use one large zucchini, or two medium zucchinis. This also works well for summer squash (yellow squash).
- Oil – I love using avocado oil or olive oil.
- Salt and black pepper
- Italian seasoning – or whatever are your favorite spices. Red pepper flakes and bagel seasoning are also delicious!
- Garlic powder – onion powder also tastes great
- Dairy free parmesan cheese – this is optional, but tastes delicious sprinkled over it when it’s almost done cooking.
Make sure to spray your air fryer basket with some cooking spray before or use a lining. It will help the zucchini to not stick.
Try to place the zucchini in single layer in the basket, so the pieces all get cooked evenly by the hot air. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may have to cook in two batches.
Cook until lightly golden brown, or less so if you want the zucchini to have a little bite. Every air fryer is different, so the cook time will vary. Start with 10-12 minutes, and see how it looks.
This also tastes great served with your favorite dipping sauce.
Add some bread crumbs to this recipe, if you want to add a crunchy element, and you’re not gluten free.
You can use whatever air fryer you have. I love using this air fryer lid for the instant pot. I don’t have a lot of cupboard space, so it’s great for people like me who need to save appliance space!
Fridge – This lasts in an air-tight container for about five days.
Freezer – Leftover zucchini can be frozen after it cooks, but it will be a little mushy when it thaws. I like to use sauté it and add it to pasta dishes with marinara sauce.
What to serve with air fryer zucchini
Zucchini makes a perfect side dish to many different recipes. Here are a few of mine:
Can I roast zucchini?
Absolutely! Oven roasted zucchini tastes amazing and is another easy side dish. Just chop it up into your desired size. Then coat the sliced zucchini in your seasonings and salt.
Lay it on an oiled baking sheet or use parchment paper. Roast at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Fresh lemon juice also tastes amazing to add after it’s done roasting.
Can I make this oil free?
The beauty of the air fryer is that you can cook most things with very little to no oil. Feel free to make this oil free, it will still taste delicious. Just make sure to season well.
Do I have to peel the zucchini?
No need to peel the zucchini! The peel tastes great. The texture isn’t bad either, because the peel is so thin. The peel also holds a lot of the nutrients.
Is this recipe healthy?
Absolutely! Zucchini is full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, especially vitamin A and minerals. If you want to make this even healthier, then just cut down on the oil.
More recipes you’ll love
If you made this recipe
Air fryer zucchini
- Air fryer
- 2 medium zucchini (Cut into ¾" pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seaoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs (optional)
- ¼ cup dairy free parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut the zucchini into ¾" pieces.2 medium zucchini
- Place everything but the (optional) dairy free cheese cheese in a mixing bowl and stir well.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seaoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper, 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, 2 medium zucchini
- Add the seasoned zucchini to the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cook less if you like the zucchini to have a little bite to it and cook longer if you like it to be softer.
- When the zucchini has about two minutes left, stir it around and add the (optional) dairy free parmesan cheese.¼ cup dairy free parmesan cheese
- Air fry for another 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the zucchini looks cooked.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Pin this recipe to save for later