Vegan rice paper rolls
These vegan summer rolls are the perfect, healthy meal to eat when it’s too hot to cook. Filled with fresh herbs, vegetables, rice noodles and marinated tofu. A delicious peanut sauce brings it all together.
You can use whatever fresh vegetables you love. This is very easy to adjust.
- Rice paper wraps
- Rice noodles
- Marinated tofu
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh mint
The peanut sauce is absolutely amazing it includes:
- Peanut butter
- Soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- Maple syrup
- Rice vinegar
How to make tofu summer rolls
First you want to make the tofu marinade out of soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic and maple syrup. Let the tofu marinate for at least 15 minutes. The more the better.
Then heat up and oil a pan and pan fry the tofu for 5 minutes on each side.
Cook the rice noodles according to the package and run them under cool water.
Get the rice paper wet and add in the fresh vegetables, herbs, marinated tofu and rice noodles.
Prepare the peanut sauce and dip the summer rolls in the peanut sauce.
How do I roll a summer roll?
The trick is to not over stuff the rice paper. Put all of the ingredients on the lower ⅓ of the rice paper. Try to bunch them together as much as possible.
Tuck the sides in first by folding them over the veggies and tofu. Then roll the summer roll up. Try to keep the veggies tucked in and tight as you roll.
Can I use different vegetables?
Absolutely! Use your favorites. Just make sure to cut them up thinly so they fit in the roll.
How long do these last in the fridge?
You can make up a big batch of these fresh rolls and then take them to work with you. They will last in the fridge for about 3 days.
What if I’m allergic to peanuts
That’s no problem. Instead of dipping this into a homemade peanut sauce, buy a bottle of sweet chili sauce from the grocery store or an Asian market. These taste amazing with the sweet chili sauce.
More recipes you’ll love
Vegan summer rolls with peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sacue
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 small Cucumber (julienned)
- 1 Carrot (julienned)
- 1 cup Red Cabbage (julienned)
- ½ cup Fresh cilantro
- ½ cup Fresh Mint
- 6 Rice Paper Wraps
- 2 cups Rice noodles
PREPARE TOFU & RICE NOODLES
- Chop garlic and add it to a bowl with all of the "marinated tofu" ingredients.1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut up tofu into lengthwise strips and marinate in the sauce for at least 10 minutes- the longer the better. Heat up a skillet and add 1 tsp of oil. Pan fry the tofu for 5 minutes on each side.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to package. Once cooked, run them under cool water to stop them from over cooking and to cool them down.2 cups Rice noodles
PREPARE PEANUT SAUCE
- Mix all ingredients together2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp soy sacue, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tbsp water, ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- Add some water to a large plate. Dip rice paper into the water and quickly rotate it to get all sides wet. Don't over-soak this. Just do about 2 quick rotations and take it out. You want it to still be a little stiff when you take it out. It will gradually get softer as the water seeps in once you take it out of bowl.6 Rice Paper Wraps
- On a cutting board, lay down the rice paper. Lay down the lettuce leaf first then the rice noodles, cilantro and mint then the veggies and the the tofu.
- Roll it up by folding the end piece lengthwise first over all of the ingredients, tuck them in. Fold the sides in toward the middle and continue rolling length wise.
- To eat, dip them in the peanut sauce and enjoy!
How do I roll a summer roll?The trick is to not over stuff the rice paper. Put all of the ingredients on the lower ⅓ of the rice paper. Try to bunch them together as much as possible. Tuck the sides in first by folding them over the veggies and tofu. Then roll the summer roll up. Try to keep the veggies tucked in and tight as you roll. The video shows you how to roll them.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.